Heart health begins with nutrition
A heart healthy nutrition plan is based on eating a balanced and limited daily calorie program with a combination of macro and micronutrients in all your foods.
Nutrition = macronutrients + micronutrients (secret heart healthy formula)
Macronutrients consist of 5 major categories:
- Water – naturally high PH water is recommended (>7.0) for best absorption into your cells to optimize health and hydration
with low tds (total dissolved solids)
- Fat – no oils are permitted (not a drop) because they contain saturated fat that ends up as plaque that clog your arteries causing heart disease, disability, and death. The healthy fats are unsaturated ones that are plentiful in hemp and chia seeds. Replace all oils with these seeds absolutely no exceptions.
- Fiber – no instant or quick-cooking oats just go for the wholesome steel cut or rolled oats!
- Protein – replace your dairy, meat, chicken, and fish (all have saturated fat causing heart disease, disability, and death) with heart healthy, legumes and vegan protein drinks (zero saturated fat and extremely heart healthy). My favourite is the Vega One brand.
- Carbohydrates – the secret is to include WHOLE GRAINS in your meal plan. (Quinoa, sweet potatoes etc)
Peter’s Favourite Salad Dressing (SOS Free)
The Cookbook, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease – Janes Favorite 3, 2, 1 Dressing
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of mustard of choice (I like honey mustard)
1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
Juice of 1 lemon
Pinch of freshly ground pepper
Micronutrients: (vitamins and minerals)
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
Cobalamin (Vitamin B12)
Folic Acid (Folate)
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
Vitamin A and Beta Carotene
Disclaimer: The vegan SOS free diet is recommended by the following medical doctors whose life work is included throughout this website: Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Michael Gregor, and Dr. T. Colin Campbell.
Please consult with your medical team for your individual needs. The above information is intended to be a general guideline of heart healthy food choices to help you on your journey towards your freedom of health!
The Game Changers Movie:
Plant VS Meat diet 2018
“What The Health”
What’s the Ideal BMI?